Thank you for working so hard on our blog! :) It looks amazing. I miss you a whole whole lot. I wish you could be here, to meet the people and see the city. Today I slept until noon (my time-zones are still messed up lol) and then Mom & I ventured out on our own to the "centru," which is the downtown area. We take a Taxi to get there, so we get to practice a little bit of our Romanian with the driver. :) Downtown is so pretty, there's a HUGE cathedral and gorgeous flowers & such. We shopped a little bit, and got dinner and ice cream. OH, the ice cream. Breanne. You would love it. :) If I don't leave here weighing more than I came, it will be a miracle!
There are lots of random little things that we don't normally think about that are so different here. For example, we have no shower curtain. There's not even a place to put one. AND, the shower head shoots out little spurts of water directly OUTSIDE of the tub.. So, you kind of have to position yourself at an angle that gets the bathroom floor and walls the LEAST wet, though it's pretty much a lost cause. I've kind of given up on it, because when you do that it's nearly impossible to get all the shampoo out of your hair. Also, the toilet paper is blue. But whatever.
In other news, Dad just got off the phone with one of our Romanian friends. It sounds like I will go to the orphanage on Monday, Lord willing! I absolutely am ready to go. I've been getting a little stir crazy here at the apartment.

How are things in Tejas? Are y'all melting?! I want to know how your married-life is, and how Peru-preparations are going! Please give Kendy a hug from me! Te iubesc!! <3
Love,
Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment